Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12, 2013

My anxiety is worse than usual today.  I'm saying that more and more often.  I have several tasks to complete, but I can't make myself do them.  The very idea is so overwhelming.  I'm sure to most people I would seem lazy; but the anxiety is so all-encompassing at times.  Sometimes all I can do is sit on my couch.  I'm very worried about becoming agoraphobic.  If I could, I'd stay home and never leave.

One breathing technique my therapist taught me is to breathe in through my nose and breathe out through my mouth, while telling myself "relax."  Sometimes it works, but not today.  I usually start to freak out on my drive into work.  She has told me to do the breathing exercise while I'm driving, but I don't think I'm coordinated enough for that lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment